Thursday 24 April 2014

♡ Favourite make up brushes! ♡





I'm trying to post more frequently on my blog as it's something that I really like doing when I get the time. I was just about to clean my brushes when I thought this could be an interesting post. My favourite brushes and what I like to use them for. So here goes!

We'll start from foundation. I love me some Real Techniques like so many others but this brush just blows my mind away. It's the Expert Face Brush. It's a structured brush but it enables you to blend and buff your product seamlessly into the skin as if it were airbrushed foundation. When I first stumbled upon Real Techniques I knew this would be one of the brushes I had to have. So that's exactly what I went out and did the next day!
Also for foundation I like to use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge especially when using my Rimmel Wake Me Up. It just seems to work really well. I also use it for concealer too because sometimes I find with my fingers I actually take the product off where as the sponge pats it on nicely and gives a great coverage.

For bronzer I LOVE using the Real Techniques Blush Brush. You will see I don't use the brushes for what they're labelled for. I use this to dust product around my face and neck. Because the brush is so big and fluffy it does a great job without making yourself accidentally put on too much product.


For powder I love this nice soft fluffy brush from ELF (In the picture below!). Inexpensive and just an all round great brush. Sticking with the ELF brushes i'll talk about the next brush which is labeled the Angled Foundation Brush which is not what I use it for. I actually use it for contouring! I'm really bad at contouring and this brush just really gets in that groove but blends really nicely. Next for blush I use the ELF Blush Brush as it picks up a nice amount of product, pats it on nicely and just doesn't go over board which is key for me.


Nice dirty brushes ;) 


 For eyes I think every girl should own MAC brushes. They just work the best! IMO ;). From left to right in this picture is the MAC 266 which is a soft angled brush which I use for my brows, MAC 239 a flat shader brush to pack on shadows and I feel packing on more glittery shadows really helps with less fall-out. Then there are two MAC 227 fluffy crease brushes. You need one for application then a clean (even though they're not clean haha) one for blending. Dirty blending brush = dirty messy make up. And finally a MAC 224 which I use for extra blending. It's bigger and can cover and blend more, faster.



And finally this small brush might look like it's an odd one out but I really couldn't survive without it. I use it mainly for the top end which I use for adding a highlight into the inner corner of my eye. It really helps disguise those dark circles. 


So there we have it. My favourite make up brushes and what I use nearly every day. I put a lot of effort into this post and I hope it's not too much to read! My next post is going to be a MAC pallet tour which will be up in the next few days. Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment