Thursday 22 May 2014

♡ My Blogging Camera & Questions Answered! ♡

"Do I need an DSLR for my blog?"
"How much should I spend on a camera?" 
"Should I buy a million lenses, fancy tripod, crazy lighting?"

I'm going to answer these questions and tell you about the camera I own, why I bought it and what I use it for. So let's get started! 
I've been blogging now for over a year and it's only lately I've gotten quite serious about it. Only because I'm out of work, I just moved country and it's been keeping me sane. I've always loved writing and make up and shopping so it just felt like something fun to do. 
Last year I bought a Nikon D3200 with some money I had saved up from my wages. I researched a lot of cameras and was asking these questions to myself. 
Did I need it for my blog? No. Absolutely not! but I intended on travelling and I wanted to explore the world of photography so the D3200 seemed like a perfect introductory camera for this. At the time I think it cost me about €550 (now I think it's about €100 cheaper) It came with a standard 'kit' lens and some nice features. I could also use it for my blog. If I wasn't into photography would I have bought it? No. Personally, a digital camera is just as good for a beginner blogger. Why spend money on something you don't know you're going to actually do and be serious about? 
Next question! How much to spend. Well if you're like everyone else I'm sure you either have an Iphone which has quite a good 8mp camera on it. I'm often surprised about what it can do. If not sure you or your parents have a digital camera. Before my DSLR I had a Fujifilm 14mp digital and it was quite the nifty thing. If not, have a look on websites like Donedeal.ie or Adverts.ie there's always someone selling something for cheap! Or even borrow a camera. Perhaps a family member no longer uses theirs because they just use their phone. 
Lastly, you've bought yourself a DSLR because you think you needed something better and more able to get that crisp picture you desire. But it's just not enough. "Should I buy a new lens? Do I need a tripod? Lighting?" Kit lenses can only get you so far. They're not the best but they're not the worst. In my personal opinion, the next lens you could get for your blog would be a nice 50mm or 35mm lens. They're good for close ups which is also good for street photography and nice nature photography too. As for a tripod and lighting. If you're serious and want to start a youtube channel perhaps then yes maybe. A tripod would also come in handy for landscape photography if you wanted dual purpose. Lighting isn't an expense I think you should dish out on for a long time. Try taking your blog pictures in the morning and if you're serious then look into it in the future. Don't waste money for no reason!




No comments:

Post a Comment